Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This is it. Tomorrow is the day.

In 19 hours I will be among the hearing world again. I'm extremely happy but also EXTREMELY nervous. I got a call from audiologist a few minutes ago and she asked if some students can observe my activation. They will be in a totally separate room and she said that I wont even know that they are there. For some reason they are really wanting these students to watch my activation. I said that it is ok, although I hope I dont see them cause I'm afraid that I will feel like a lab rat. But I do understand that these people are trying to learn how to help people so I guess it's ok with me.



I really didn't think I would be this nervous. What if I dont like hearing the world. I was talking to my mom about this earlier and she kinda laughed and said "DUH when it gets to be too much take your ears off for a few minutes." In all of my fretting I forgot that I will still be deaf. If it's gets to be too much at times I can just take the processors off. I love my mom. She has helped me thru countless trials in my life. She has a very down-to-earth way about her and she is not easily flustered. I thank the good Lord that when he decided who should be my parents He choose my mom and dad.



Josie and Toby are LITERALLY jumpin off the walls today. They are so excited. I dont think Toby fully understands whats goin on, but he is quite happy to celebrate with us. Josie has a whole list of things she wants me to hear. She said this morning, "Mommie, will I be able to whisper in your ear and you understand me?" I said well sure. It may take awhile for mommie to be able to understand what you are sayin, but in time I will be able to understand. She started dancin around goin "OH YEAH, OH YEAH, MAMA'S GONNA HEAR, OH YEAH OH YEAH."

Well I have quite alot of things to get ready for tomorrow. I probably wont be able to post till after my activation so wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment