Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just a Short Update

Hi all. Things are good here. I have noticed that I have had to turn up my processors quite often lately and now I'm on the highest volume on the loudest program. And so I called my audiologist and she said that I need to come in to be reprogrammed. So tomorrow we will be heading up to Champaign. I'm anxious to see if we can fix some problems I have been having. For instance, background noise isn't in the background. So when I talk to someone their speech is ok, but background noise is WAY LOUD!!!!! My voice is extremely loud to me, even though Jay assures me that I'm talking quietly. Everyone is still has a chipmunk voice. Wind does have a sound and it is AWFUL!!!!!!! But I'm wearing the processors from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed, and I'm doing my listening practice homework so all is well here. Oh by the way we got a new member of our family the other day. She is a Shih-a-poo. 8weeks old. She is VERY much a lap dog and she loves attacking the kids when they lay on the floor. Her name is Daisy and hopefully soon I will post a picture for ya'll

2 comments:

  1. Bobbi:
    I hope the audi is able to help you with some of the adjustments, sounds like you are doing a great job, though. I am sure it will take a while to rethink how you hear, I know it takes me a while with just getting a new aid. Its frustrating, things like the wind blowing on it it terrible and the background noise, but you will get there with the adjustments. Best of luck to you!! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bobbi,

    The dimensional hearing that you are craving will come with time. The background will fall back. When I went bilateral I really noticed a difference in that aspect of hearing.

    ReplyDelete