Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Two days to go....this is getting interesting folks..

Two more days to go. I'm so incredibly nervous. I've gotten the house in as much order as you can with 2 kids and a hubbie runnin about. I hope I have remembered all the suggestions that my friends on hearing journey have given me. I'm excited that the day is finally here......but I worry about surgery. My biggest hopes right now are

1) The implants can be inserted without an complications.

2) That I don't get vertigo.

3) That I dont experience to bad of tinnitus (that is ringing or phantom nosies in your head).

4) That I dont ralph in recovery.

5) That I have everything ready at home.

It felt like this day would never come, now I'm like HOLY CRAP where did the time go.
But on the bright side, the worst part of this whole adventure will be on Thursday. After that it's all uphill from there. And in a few short weeks (hopefully this time will pass quickly) I will be hearing again. I keep tellin myself that these few days of surgery and recovery is well worth it to be able to hear again.

Josie is really excited that they are finally gonna give me "my ears". She's not quite sure why I wont be able to hear right away......but she knows that they must do this before I can hear. She is very excited that she will help daddy take care of mommie and Toby. This part is gonna be hard for me. I'm use to bein able to take care of everyone's needs. You women out there know what I'm talkin about. Mommie where are my shoes.......mommie i need a drink......mommie I lost my sock.......honey where are my keys........honey do I have any clean underwear. I'm not sure I can "just sit" and not be up takin care of things.

But we will find out all the answers to these questions in less than 48 hours. This is gettin interestin folks. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment