Sunday, February 22, 2009

I have my taster back

Hi all...One of the side effects to having cochlear implant surgery is that sometimes they touch a nerve that controls the tasting ability in your tongue. This is a minor thing, but it affects they way things taste. It is a temporary thing so dont freak out, it only last for a week or two. It also effects different people different ways. In my case it felt like EVERYTHING I put in my mouth was burning my tongue. Even drinking water had this effect. It was very annoying. Well this morning I realized that I could taste again. YIPEE.........I CAN TASTE MY MT DEW AGAIN!!!!! And I can eat again and not have by tongue feel like it's on fire.

Today was also the first time I could comfortably wear my glasses again. What a relief!!! I can now sit in my comfy spot on the wrap-around couch and see the captions on the tv again. And it is so much easier to lip-read when I can see the person. So overall this has been quite an awesome day for me.

I also think that tomorrow I'm gonna call my audiologist and see if I can move my activation date up. I know the answer will probably be no, but hey it cant hurt to try. My incisions feel much much better and I am quite anxious to hear. Or at least be on my way to retraining my brain to hear. Keep your ears crossed that they will let me move my appt up to this Thursday instead of the next Thursday. I will let ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment