Saturday, February 14, 2009

I am now a bionic woman

Surgery is FINALLY over with. I don't remember alot about the day itself. I do know that I didnt sleep at all the night before surgery. Not even a wink. I had to be at the hospital at 6:15am and I know that I had literally been up for 22 hours straight. I remember walking into the hospital and I remember talking to Jay and our pastor and his wife. After that not much of anything.



So now it's 2 days later and I am EXTREMELY SORE!!!!! Sometimes I have some sharp pains where my incisions are, but mostly it's just a nagging soreness, which I'm told is completely normal. I have been sleeping in the recliner so I can keep my head elevated. I'm hoping in a few days I will feel much better and be able to go back to sleeping in my nice warm bed. If I can get past this sore throat (probably sore from the breathing tube they put down your throat while your in surgery) and the soreness in my head I will have it made.



I just can't believe that in a few short weeks I will be able to hear again. I was afraid that the next few weeks would drag on forever, but I'm not to worried about it now. By the time I feel 100% again it will be time to get my external processors.

1 comment:

  1. I am guessing since you are home already there was no complications (or at least I am going to think that and other happy thoughts for you). I will be waiting to hear the results and hopefully it will be all good news. Get some rest and keep us updated. Take Care.

    Gene

    ReplyDelete