Sunday, January 25, 2009

A chance meeting in Walmart

I met an amazing woman in Walmart the other day. Jay, the kids, and I were all just doin our normal shopping when suddenly Jay nudged me and pointed out this woman shopping with her husband. She had a cochlear implant!!! I was like WOW!!!!! I live in a mostly rural area of Illinois and this is something you don't see everyday. Effingham is the closest town around here that we consider major. Effingham has a population of 12,000 people. We live 14 miles away from Effingham. The next closest big cities include St Louis (about 1 1/2 hrs away) or Terre Haute Indiana (about an hour away). Other than that we are all little farming communities. Most people around here have no earthly idea what a cochlear implant is. So I got my nerve up and I went to talk to her. She was extremely friendly and helpful. She had the EXACT same surgeon and audiologist that I will have. She really set my mind at ease. She even showed my children her processor and magnet. Josie asked her some questions and she answered all of them. It was just amazing. I have been kinda worried about surgery, but after talking to all my loving friends on Hearing Journey and this kind lady at walmart I'm not quite as nervous. Isn't it great how God brings you the people you need the most at just the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment