Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I have the dates....WOOOOHOOOO

I'm soo excited. My audiologist called today and said since my cochlear implant surgery is on Feb 12th she wanted to go ahead and make my activation appointment for March 5th. This is the day they will put the processors on and I will be able to hear for the first time in 4 years. Surgery and activation seem so far away, I'm almost convinced they dates will never come. But WOW I HAVE THE ACTUAL DATES!!!!! She set the activation earlier in the day so we will have plenty of time since we will be programming both ears. This all seems like a dream. After the call I was laughing and cryin and dancin. Josie asked me if I was ok, I showed her on the calender and told her that is the day mommie will be able to hear again. It may take awhile for my brain to understand what it's hearing, but I will hear. She was sooooooo excited. She wants to make her own special calender to count down the days. So 2day in art class (I homeschool) we are gonna make a special calender.

Can you imagine actually being able to hear. I can't remember what my hubby sounds like. I'm sure Josie's voice has changed. I wonder what Toby sounds like. In my mind I associate Toby's voice with mickey mouse. Now I know that's probably not what he sounds like, but since I've never heard him in my mind that is what he should sound like. I just wanna hear EVERYTHING.

I want to hear my kids argue in another room. I know I know....other people have said the same thing you are thinkin right now.....You are crazy. But just to hear them. I want to hear them laugh...cry....argue...squeal in delight.....sneeze....snore....EVERYTHING. I want to HEAR Jay (my hubbie) say I love you. I want to hear all the things that I have forgotten make noise.

I know this post is mostly just me rambling.......but can you imagine....CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!Just hearing. It sounds so simple to most. An everyday occurrence. But after four years of total deafness.....all I can say is can you imagine. What do I sound like?? My babies can call for mama from another room and I can answer them. No more headaches from straining to lipread everyone. Knowing that everyone is more comfortable around me knowing that they won't hafta repeat everything 20 MILLION times. OH WOW....I could go to the movie theater. Jay wont hafta miss parts of conversations because he hasta repeat to me what was just said.

CAN YOU IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment