Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Summer Is Almost Here

Well.....not much is goin on here lately. Summer is right around the corner and summer is always VERY busy for us. We always put out a six acre garden with my best friend and her family. It is very time consuming, but always well worth it. So right now I am looking for some good deals on seeds. I think this year I'm gonna put out some tomatoes, peas, potatoes, zucchini, green beans, corn, and maybe some lettuce. I LOVE to garden, well actually this is more like farming, but none the less I love doing it. It really makes me feel good to do this for my family. Jay killed two deer this year so with that and the garden we should be really good for next winter. My kids also LOVE going up to "the farm." We live in town so I hafta keep a close eye on them when they are outside here at home. Well....when we go to the farm they can run, frolic and play to there little ole hearts content. Josie also likes to help me plant seeds and plants while Bubbie (Toby) loves to sit at the edge of the garden and play in the dirt. Needless to say we all have a bit of spring fever around here. I thought for sure there would be no more cold cold weather coming, but I just checked the weather forecast and we are gonna have some cold weather heading this way in the next couple of days. Highs in the 30's again. YUUUUUUCK!!!!! Oh well, at least we know that summer isn't that far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment