Monday, April 6, 2009

More Wonderful Everyday Life

Hi all......It has been a little over a month since I have been activated. BOY WHAT A MONTH!!!!! I am hearing and understanding new things everyday. One really cool thing is that when I read the captions on the television I can pick out some of the words. If I'm not reading the captions though it just sounds like random noise. But I just cant believe that I can pick out some words on the tv.

Also the other day we were comming home from a friends house and we came to a stop sign in the country. Jay rolled down the window and shut off the car. I said "what in the world are you doin????" He said "Listen.....can you hear that????" It took me a moment, but I DID hear something. It was really low pitch and it was kinda cool......I asked him what it was and he said that it was frogs. We all started laughin and we ended up sitting there for quite awhile. Most people would say that this was silly, but it really was quite an experience. Often times it's the little things in life.

Another thing that has given me great joy lately is being able to hear the kids play-argue with me. I might have to explain that one. It's mainly playful name calling. Like I will call one of them a boogie-picker, and they will answer back, well then your a toe-jam-licker, well then you are an arm-pit-smeller, well you are a snot-sucker, and so on and so forth. It is really quite comical. Now keep in mind this is all in good fun and they know that they can only call people names like that when they are playing this particular game. We have played this game forever, but now that i'm able to hear it, it brings on a whole new meaning. Sometimes I feel almost like a child again discovering my new world. Words cannot express the amazment of all the sounds in my world.

Jay came up behind me last night right before we went to bed and whispered in my ear "I love you baby" I understood what he said. To most this is just a trivial happening, but it is not that simple to me. I actually heard and completly understood what he had said. Jay didn't have to face me so i could read his lips, he didnt have to use sign language to tell me this. He just came up behind me and said it. Now that is what I call a WOW moment!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment