Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Silly Songs And Whatnot

Hi.......finally got a minute to sit down and post. This week has been VERY busy. We have vacation bible school at our church this week and my best friend is the director so we have been helping her with some of the details. And Jay and I are helpers in the classes so we have been quite busy with that. Also we are going to be going to be seeing our friends from Branson for the weekend. We are all meeting in St. Louis. This will be the first time I have seen them since I got my cochlear implants....so I'm excited to see what everyone sounds like.

I got my ears adjusted the other day and so things are MUCH better. Everyone was starting to sound hollow and Jay said that I was starting to talk louder, and my audi said that is a sign that I need to come see her.

I also had a wonderful silly hearing moment. It was GREAT. As I have said before we sing alot ALOT of silly songs in our house. Well I was downstairs and I could see the kids in the hallway dancing. So I stopped what I was doing and tried to focus on what they were singing. They were singing that Elvis/Ray Charles song "I gotta woman, WAY across town, she good to me, OOOOOOOOO YEAH" They sing it alittle slower and more bluesy than most people do. They were just singing, dancing, and clapping to the beat. It was soooo cute. And I got to hear it. I wonder what else I have missed in these 5 years. This is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment