Sunday, May 10, 2009

What Am I Gonna Do With That Boy??

Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted. We have been so busy around here but I really miss writing here. Not much is going on here other than waiting on the rain to stop so we can start planting. If I could just stop the rain for 2 weeks straight then we would be good.

Well I have learned that my son is smarter than what I give him credit for. My family is full of smart-alacks and this little one is no exception to the rule. The other day my best friend Linda was over here at my house and for some reason I was sitting on the floor. Well Toby came running up behind me and stubbed his toe. He promptly pulled off the disc part of my cochlear implants. Of course I couldn't hear what happened after that, but I saw Linda cover her mouth. So I put the disc back on and asked what happened. She said that after he pulled off my "ears" he said a word he's not saposta say. Well of course I had to get him in trouble, but I'm not sure the bad word was the thing that surprised me the most. It's the fact that my soon to be three year old had that whole thought process. "If I take mommies ears off she wont hear me say a word that I know that will get me in trouble" Only thing he didn't think of was the fact that Aunt Linda CAN hear. I'm not real sure I'm comfortable with a three year old bein that smart.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa Bobbi,

    That is a cute story and Yeah! - he is smart. I'm sitting here grinning from ear to ear and thinking, "Boy, do you have your hands full."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that boy is a real booger. I sometimes think ahead to his teenage years and THAT really worries me. :0\

    ReplyDelete